gomer-b

Saturday, April 08, 2006

 

Thanks a lot Jessica Simpson!!

My advice, don't forget your wedding ring when you leave the house!

Last week I went to dinner with a few of my girlfriends. We were meeting at this little hidden Mexican restaurant over on Fourth Street. I hummed along to a Garbage cd, well more like yelled along with Shirley. As I drove I couldn't help but notice how the sun peeked through the clouds. The rays hit perfectly and reminded my of how my diamond sparkles. Let me just tell you, I love my ring. My husband picked out the perfect ring for me without ever seeing exactly what I wanted. I about fainted when he proposed to me, not because he was proposing, but because of the gorgeous ring. As I was saying, I was watching the sun rays shooting through the clouds and thought diamonds are perfect. I know, I know diamonds and the sun? Well they both sparkle and shine and both bring light to an otherwise dreary day. I held up my hand to admire, once again, my perfect ring and I realized I wasn't wearing it. I almost had a heart attack. I grabbed my chest with my right hand and held up my left hand in horror. Of course, this meant there were no hands on the wheel. After almost running off the road and surviving a heart attack, I calmed down. I remembered that my ring was on my nightstand so by the time I arrived at the restaurant I had almost forgotten I wasn't wearing my ring.

I love my girlfriends! Treece, Amelia and I are completely different, but we all get along great. When I first arrived, the three of us could not stop talking. You would have thought we hadn't seen each other in 10 years rather than just 2 hours ago. I couldn't wait to tell the girls about my latest adventure with the hubby, but first I had to explain the absence of the ring. I didn't realize it would be such a big deal, but apparently not wearing your wedding ring means you and your husband are fighting. I had to explain over and over that I had just forgotten it and my relationship was great. Later that evening we ran into some old friends, Matt and Gina, at the Coffee Bean. Gina's first words were "I am so sorry about you and your husband." I didn't understand what she was talking about until I saw both of them staring at my ring less finger.

As I said...

Thanks a lot Jessica Simpson!!


Is this a problem for you?

Comments:
I just got married. In the short time I've had my ring, I've forgotten it a few times (take it off ALOT when puttin on lotion) No one thought I had relationship problems though.. mostly they assumed I lost it :)
 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]