gomer-b

Sunday, January 01, 2006

 
With the beginning of the new year my creative juices are flowing. I just received the latest issue of Cloth, Paper, Scissors and I am extremely inspired by the various altered art projects. I have been interested in altering a composition book ever since I first found Dawn's blog at On the Banks of Bay Creek. I had purchased these really cool composition books from Walmart awhile ago and I think they would be perfect to alter. They are your basic composition book, but instead of the black and white cover they have wild bright colors and geometric shapes.

While searching online for guidance on altered books I ran across an inspiring new blog artful journey.
You can be sure that I will be spending more time here!

Now if I could only get through the dirty work of cleaning the house so I can spend time working on my art!!

Comments:
I've never heard of altering a composition book. I'll have to follow the links you've got to find out more about it.

Good luck on BOTB!
 
Life is too important to delay only because of housework. Turn on some music. In the old days I'd put an LP on and in the 15 minutes it took to play the songs on one side I'd do housework. After that, whatever didn't get done didn't get done. As LP's went out of fashion I just turned on my timer for 45 minutes or so and did housework for that period of time. Then, same thing, whatever wasn't done at the end of it just didn't get done. Now? I plan ahead and make my husband help me. We do "company coming" cleaning and for half an hour we run around the house like chickens with our heads cut off madly cleaning up and throwing things into closets. Then, same thing. At the end of it, if it isn't clean it isn't going to get clean. Much better system, I think. Also, it helps as I get older I really can't see much dirt anymore. The rest of the time I do the "fun" stuff. Happy New Year.
 
Your site is beautiful! I found you through Blog Clicker. You're obviously very talented - don't worry about the hosuework, it'll still be there once you're done creating! :)
 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]