gomer-b

Monday, October 24, 2005

 

life crashing

Today I was sitting in my apartment just
staring at the wall. The blinking sign
outside of my window reminded me that
I haven't eaten in awhile. I don't even
know how long I was sitting there.
I looked around the my very small apartment
and all I can see were the dirty clothes and
old food containers lying around. I don't
remember the last time I really paid
attention to how messy this place is.
I decided to search my kitchen for something
to eat and, of course, discovered nothing so
I decided to at least straighten up the place.
As I began to gather up my clothes I heard
screeching tires and a loud crash outside.

I ran to the window to see what was happening
and I saw a horrific crash. I knew someone had
to be hurt so I grabbed my phone and ran down
the stairs. When I reached the car I could
see that the person was hurt and hurt bad.
I called 911 and told them they needed to get
someone out there immediately! I really don't
know any first aid and I wanted to help the
woman, but I didn't know what to do. I asked
the operator what to do and she told me all
I could do was wait. It seemed like hours had
passed before the ambulance arrived on scene.
When they finally arrived they had to use the
Jaws of Life to get the woman out of the car.
It was clear at that moment that the woman wasn't
alive. I started to scream and one of the
emergency workers grabbed me and took me away
from the scene. I can't describe the feeling I
had when I saw that woman's face so badly damaged.
It was awful.
I couldn't sleep.
All I could see was her face.
It still haunts me.

--necia

Comments:
I was scrolling through blogs, generally being entertained by the callidescope when I read your latest post. I'm sorry that you saw that; you did the right thing Just wanted to let you know that someone is reading. . .
 
It's rough seeing something like that for the first time. Several of my friends are firefighters, so I've seen a lot of stuff like that, but I can still remember the very first fatal accident. It's haunting. Eventually the image will fade a bit. It's scary, but it will pass in due time. Take care.
 
Thank you so much for your kind comments. I really appreciate it.

--necia
 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]