gomer-b

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

 

musings

Today my daily devotional dealt with praying for those who you would consider your "enemy" or just someone you have difficulty getting along with. I chose to pray for my sister's guy (mentioned in previous posts). Oh it is hard to pray for someone who you have such hard feelings toward. Once I started though it was amazing how quickly my attitude changed. It is hard to be mad at someone and pray that the Lord works in their life at the same time. It was such a powerful feeling to really start praying for this person. To ask that God strengthen and encourage them encouraged me. I truly want God to work in my sisters life and in his life. I can't control the outcome nor do I know what God has planned. I am only responsible for my attitude and my actions. I will no longer get caught up in negativity. My emotions will not rule me!

While I was driving to work I was listening to "Focus on the Family." Today they played a portion of a talk by Joni Eareckson Tada. Joni was paralyzed as a teen and has spent over 30 yrs in a wheelchair as a quadriplegic. Her story is inspiring to me. She spoke of just after the accident had happened she knew that God was going to heal her. She attended a faith healing meeting held in a large auditorium. She knew that God would heal her at that meeting. As the evening progressed it became evident that God was not going to heal her. She went home not understanding what was going on. How could God pass her up while healing those around her. Over time she came to realize that if she had not been paralyzed, if God had healed her, then she would not be able to minister to others in the capacity that she is now. God never said that to work for him you needed to be 100% physically healthy. Sometimes our disabilities are what help us in our ministry.

While I was listening, I realized how caught up I can get with my migraines. If you read very far in this blog you will see how badly I deal with this. Joni's story inspired me to stop dwelling on my illness and start reaching out to others. Maybe God will heal me and maybe not. Maybe this illness will help me reach out to otherx, and again maybe not. The point is to serve God wholeheartedly. To not get caught up in our physical conditons. To serve God no matter what we may go through.

Focus on the Family website

Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]